Get Precise Medication Tailored to Your Situation
Without outrageous markups, unsafe practices or long waits.
You deserve a compounding pharmacy that consistently delivers high-quality compounded medicine
with old-fashioned dedication to customer service that our customers know and love.
We know you want the very best for yourself, your patients or your animals. That’s why we abide by the highest standards
for quality of ingredients , strictly followformulas to ensure products are consistently made the same,
and deliver exceptional service that each of you deserve.
Imagine Experienced Pharmacists Who Really Care About You
Picture a pharmacy that treats you like a member of the family. Imagine knowing your pharmacist by name, and coming in to chat with us about your treatment, or refilling your prescription online and having it shipped quickly right to your house.
We do a lot more than just count pills, and fill prescription bottles as fast as possible. You’ll soon realize that we really care about your medication and how it affects your health, and that seeps into every aspect of our relationship.
Meet our team of Superstars
You want experienced, caring and reliable staff, who can handle your orders. That’s why our Pharmacists, our technicians and our Customer Service Representatives are ready to serve you.
Cheri Garvin, RPh
Jay Gill, Pharm.D.
Director of Business Development
Alexander Pytlarz, Pharm.D.
Director of Pharmacy
Megan Kilkeary, Pharm. D.
Molly Benn, Pharm. D.
Chris Poland, CPhT
We’ve been preparing customized medications for our community for over 35 years as Leesburg Pharmacy. We became The Compounding Center in 2009 when we discovered that there was a growing demand for individualized medications. This allowed us to continue offering the personal level of service on which we built our reputation over four decades.
First PCAB Accredited Pharmacy In the DC Area
We are proud to be the first compounding pharmacy in the Washington, DC metropolitan area to achieve this recognition in both sterile and non-sterile compounding.PCAB™ accreditation ensures that we operate by strict standards, using the highest quality ingredients and independent testing of our products.
When You Become Our Client, You Become Family
We’re not only knowledgeable about the art and science of compounding medications, but we care a lot about you and your health care. Our goal is to know our patients and to become more than just a pharmacist. We want to be an active part of your health care team. You get “hometown” service whether you’re near or far.
Our specialty is meeting the unique needs of each individual, whether you need Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, topical pain cream or anti-seizure medications for your dog, we are here to help.
Our staff is specially trained to handle the bio-chemistry behind the medicine, and they are highly educated in the disease states that affect our patients. For us it’s more than medicine, we go one step further and get directly involved with our communities to ensure we advocate for our patients when needed.
You Want to Work With a Pharmacy Committed to Safety
We take safety seriously. Here are just some of the measures we take to make sure we consistently produce high quality sterile and non-sterile medications:
- In 2009 the experts on the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB™) accredited The Compounding Center. This means that we adhere to a rigorous set of standards that concentrate on the quality and consistency of medications produced.
- All compounding personnel must pass rigorous training prior to making medications.
- We utilize certified ISO cleanrooms for our laboratories with Class 100 laminar hoods. We are proud to be compliant with USP 797 standards. (Sterile compounding environments designed, built, and operated in compliance with USP 797 are considered by most pharmaceutical professionals as state-of-the-art.)
- Ingredients are only obtained from FDA registered manufacturers.
- All ingredients used in compounding are verified by a pharmacist using the Certificate of Analysis provided by the manufacturer.
- For consistency and tracking, Lot Numbers and Expiration Dates are recorded for each ingredient in each prescription.
- All personnel involved in the sterile compounding processes are equipped with extensive training and credentials to perform sterile compounding and are tested and recertified every 6 months.
- In order to ensure accuracy, all prescriptions are double checked after preparation for color and/or clarity, consistency, and packaging integrity.
- In addition to internal Quality Assurance procedures, we use an independent lab to test our formulations to ensure integrity.
Choosing a Pharmacy is an Important Decision, Choose Us
As you’re quite aware, a good pharmacy can mean the difference between a painless process and a drawn-out ordeal.
Our experience with thousands of patients, doctors, pet owners and vets has shown us that people tend to prefer personalized, innovative solutions.
Does your pharmacy go above and beyond to custom-tailor a solution?
Are you currently working with an innovative and knowledgeable compounding pharmacy?
If not, get in touch with us now, while you’re thinking about it, we look forward to hearing from you.