How Compounding Can Help You
Precise Personalized Medicine
We collaborate with you to mix ingredients and create the exact medication your patient needs. You’ll be a hero if you help your patients with their medication challenges.
Quality and Safety
Use Less Medication
3 Useful Applications Of Compounding
Maybe your patient is:
- A six-year old child who refuses to take pills and you need a tasty suspension.
- A 48 year-old patient with hemorrhoids who needs the convenience of one cream with multiple healing ingredients .
- A 53 year-old woman who needs hormone replacement therapy in a subliqual drop or transdermal cream combination that isn't commercially available.
We will work with you to find out exactly what you need for each and every patient. Which one of your patient’s needs something special?
Let us help you put more tools in your toolbox.
The First PCAB Accredited Pharmacy in The Washington DC metro area
You probably already know how important it is to work with a pharmacist you can trust.
We take safety and service seriously:
- In 2009 the experts on The Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB™) accredited the Compounding Center. This means that we adhere to a rigorous set of standards that concentrate on the quality and consistency of medications produced.
- We utilize certified ISO cleanrooms for our laboratories with Class 100 laminar hoods. We are proud to be compliant with USP 797 standards. (Sterile compounding environments designed, built, and operated in compliance with USP 797 are considered by most pharmaceutical professionals as state-of-the-art.)
- Ingredients are only obtained from FDA registered manufacturers.
- All ingredients used in compounding are verified by a pharmacist using the Certificate of Analysis provided by the manufacturer.
- Lot Numbers and Expiration Dates are recorded for each ingredient in each prescription.
- All personnel involved in the sterile compounding processes are equipped with extensive training and credentials to perform sterile compounding and are tested and recertified every 6 months.
- In order to ensure accuracy, all prescriptions are double checked after preparation for color and/or clarity, consistency, and packaging integrity.
- In addition to internal Quality Assurance procedures, we use a third party independent lab to test our formulations to ensure integrity.
We raise the bar for quality and safety in compounding, so you can look your patients in the eye, and say “I trust The Compounding Center”.
What about the FDA?
"Sometimes, the health needs of a patient cannot be met by an FDA-approved medication." (www.FDA.gov)
When you bake a cake, the individual ingredients are well known and commonly used (like FDA approved products), but you can create unlimited varieties of cakes using combinations of those ingredients. The finished “cake” or compounded medication is not FDA approved. First, it is not the FDA’s role to approve or not approve compounds. Secondly, even if they wanted to, it would be impossible for them to test and approve all those variations.
We chose The Compounding Center because we like to support local business and the staff is friendly and helpful. They provide compounded medications quickly for our clients and are willing to help out with any compounding needs for our practice.
In our integrative functional medicine practice we need customized medications. I use The Compounding Center because we collaborate very well together. I trust them completely. Try them - I know they will provide a good experience for you.
The Compounding Center takes the patient-pharmacist-physician relationship to another level. They’re much more collaborative. I call and explain the problem and they help formulate exactly what will help the patient.
I’ve been using The Compounding Center for over eight years. Their customer service is very good, and they go above and beyond when we have rush orders or need something special compounded.
Patients like compounded medications, it makes them feel special and unique. It’s like going to a custom tailor instead of going to a big box discount store.
Compounded medication allows me to completely practice the art of medicine. Conventional medications only offer a one-size-fits-all approach, but many patients need in-between doses or liquids instead of tablets. I’ve used The Compounding Center for more than 10 years. The pharmacists are knowledgeable and innovative. My patients trust them because they’ve been in the area for a long time and they’ve developed personal relationships with the staff.
Some physicians are concerned about the safety of compounded medications. I’ve come to realize that there are strict regulations for compounding pharmacies and The Compounding Center goes above and beyond industry standards for quality and safety. I trust no one else like I trust them.